The Importance of Play
Play is a means to early learning that capitalizes on children's natural curiosity and enthusiasm.
It is a child's right and a critical element to child well-being.
EarlyON is a place to:
- engage in play-based activities.
- encourage social, emotional and cognitive well-being for your child.
Unstructured, Child-led Play:
- A philosphy that encourages children to explore their interests and ideas without an imposed outcome.
- Our indoor and outdoor play spaces have a variety of elements such as "loose parts".
- Our staff have training in unstructured play and incorporate their knowledge in engaging families.
Winter Outdoor Play:
Do you remember building a snow fort or climbing a snow mountain when you were a child? These experiences help children learn & develop risk-management skills.
During the winter months it's common for children to have less outdoor time. Playing outside in every season offers unique learning opportunties and benefits:
- Physical well-being- outdoor play encourages your whole body to move
- Emotional benefits- self-confidence, ability to assess risk
- Social benefits- when children play together they learn how to cooperate, negotiate and problem solve.
More on Play:
learn more: https://www.tbdhu.com/physlit