The Importance of Play
Play is a means to early learning that capitalizes on children's natural curiosity and enthusiasm. It is a child's right and a critical element to child well-being.
EarlyON is a place to:
- engage in play-based activities.
- encourage social, emotional and cognitive wellbeing for your child.
Unstructured, Child-led Play:
- A philosphy that encourages children to explore their interests and ideas without an imposed outcome.
- Our indoor and outdoor play spaces have a variety of elements such as "loose parts".
- Our staff have training in unstructured play and incorporate their knowledge in engaging families.
Outdoor and "Risky" Play:
Do you remember building a fort, climbing a tree or exploring a forest when you were a child? These experiences help children learn & develop risk-management skills.
More on Play:
Information about loose parts